Monday, September 04, 2006

Love that Poop


Happy Labor Day Weekend!
We're happily digging in a lot of Llama/donkey/horse poop! A friend of Tommy's from work delivered a tractor load full of poop for us to use in the garden, around the apple trees, for some new raspberries, and flower beds.

Reeve and Kyle preferred to stay a safe distance from the poop, but it really doesn't smell bad.


I set to work tilling some new ground for the raspberries that my parent's are bringing in a couple of weeks.

Hey that first row was pretty easy! I want to do more rows. I did two more rows for salad mix, spinach, and red russian kale. After the ground was tilled I covered the rows with a layer of poop, and then covered that with grass clippings and straw.

1 comment:

Gordon said...

(sigh)...got to love a woman that does the dirty yard work...you the best 'cuz!