Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Frozen Jeans


The temperature here has actually been really warm this past week, but this picture was taken on December 3rd.
Tom wanted to do a laundry experiment... He washed some clothes and then weighed them before hanging them out to dry on a cloudy 30F day. Fun, eh? The clothes did freeze fairly quickly and when he took them in to weigh them at the end of the day they had lost a couple of pounds. They weren't completely dry so he did have to put them in the dryer for about 1/2 the time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Laura,
I enjoyed reading and seeing the pictures of your family and your life in Wisconsin. I especially liked hearing about your garden because I am a new organic gardener. I started last July on a weed patch in the Hawthorne commuity gardens. I have a mentor who is teaching me all about it. However, now I have graduated because I hauled my first truckload of goat manure. It is aging now but we will use it in the spring. Please write so we can talk about our gardens. I hope you have a little time since your life seems very full and satisfying.
Fondly,
Your cousin once removed (in Colorado!),
Pat Guilbeault

Laura said...

Hi Pat :-),
It's good to hear from you! I'd love to communicate with you! You can email me your email address... send it to my address: stoneflower_8@hotmail.com.
The goat manure is a very good start :-).
~Laura