Friday, September 07, 2007

not feeling well

I'm probably going to take a few days off before I post the last of our trip...I'm going to the doctor today, but I'm about 90% sure that Kyle and I are now exhibiting symptoms of giardia...caused from little protozoa (animals!) living in water that we must have consumed on our trip.

Did anyone else that went on this trip get it too?

Has anyone reading this blog ever had it before? I know that doc will prescribe something, but I've read the medications can have worse side effects than what the giardia's doing and that they might not be 100% effective.

I'd appreciate anyone's knowledge of a natural cure.

Thanks!

2 comments:

Dana said...

Oh no! A friend of mine had it after a trip to India and China. Took FOREVER to get rid of. Like months. So sorry. Hope it's just a virus.

Loving the photos. Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Laura said...

Well so far so good...I'm feeling much better and Kyle was back in action the next day, so I'm not quite sure what it was. The doc just wanted to prescribe drugs...she didn't even want to see me or do any tests to see what it was. You know even when your animal is sick or you suspect they have worms they always want to do a test before they prescribe the drugs...duh!
Thanks for your comments Dana...it's good to hear from you.