Friday, March 28, 2008

Spring Cross-Stitch Week One & 2 Easter Pics

Well we had a white Easter Sunday. Kyle was very excited that it was Easter morning about 5:30am. He woke up saying at the top of his voice "It's Easter, It's Easter," and then he went back to sleep. Again around 7am he woke up shouting "It's Easter, It's Easter." No one else was really stirring, so he went back to sleep. Then at about 9:30am he kind of sat up in bed and looked like this:

He was very groggy, didn't even say "It's Easter," and just kind of sat contemplating something for about 15 minutes before he decided to join the rest us for breakfast.
I can't believe I didn't take ANY pictures of the easter eggs or hunt. The only pic we ended up taking was this one of colored snow. After we colored the eggs...Reeve colored all of his Green and Kyle colored all of his blue...we threw the dye water out in the snow.

We started a little tradition that the kids have seperate colors for their eggs, so that when the hunt is on they know what color to find and keep very quiet if they see the other color. Tom hid 11 eggs and I hid 11 eqgs and it took them about a half an hour to find them all. We've never had a hunt in the snow, so this year was very interesting. I did manage to video tape the event, but for the life of me I don't think I'll ever figure out how to upload videos. I'm bad enough as it is trying to get them on a DVD. I just managed to send out DVD's of our summer trip to Canada. Actually I'm amazed I got it done in under a year!

Here is a pic of the first week of the Spring chair cross-stitch. I like this one better than the winter chair. The wreath on the winter chair sent me cross-eyed. The spring chair is far easier to follow. I can tell already that Summer is going to be a challenge...clouds and sand and lots of light colors that are hard to see and differentiate, but Autumn looks the funnest. I like saving the best for last.

No comments: