Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tom's Face on a Billboard...and 2" of SNOW


The kids love to drive by and say "hello" to Tommy. He'd rather be pushing solar power for the "go green" bit...he's not 100% convinced on the geothermal...it uses a lot of electricity.

Can you believe we had 2 inches of snow here yesterday? I put away all the snow pants! We all had to wear our thermals again yesterday.

I think my Irises (thanks Mom) will survive.

It's a good thing these guys are still indoors...

you can't see it very well, but my parsley did germinate (YAY!) and it's little seedlings are looking strong now. I went and checked on my outdoor spinach last night (it likes a little frost) and they looked teeny, but healthy. The seeds I used were old, so I'm just thrilled some spinach came up. I planted about a 10' row and I saw only 4 little plants pop up...hopefully there will be more. We're so desparate for some dark greens that we've taken to eating dandelion greens with our supper. They're actually pretty good right now, and the kids get a kick out of eating them. Our staple meal this past week has been Quinoa with Kidney Beans and Dandelion Greens...the kids made up a cute little catchy song about them...kinda gets stuck in your head.

5 comments:

Gordon said...

Hey cuz' thanks for posting that billboard with Tom's picture - that's so awesome!

Anonymous said...

Wow Tom!! The only person I know with their face on a billboard!
Your irises are very hardy hybrids. They'll be just fine. Ardi

Gordon said...

Hello Auntie!

Gordon said...

...they must be of the virgo variety of irises.

Anonymous said...

bypass hotmail passwords
[url=http://www.viddler.com/explore/hotmail_sign_in]set up hotmail account
[/url] hotmail