Thursday, November 11, 2010

Knitted Clogs for Reeve

Truth be told I have been knitting these clogs for Reeve for well over a year. They were supposed to be a Christmas present for him last year. I had a huge learning curve and had to start over MANY times. Now I think they are simply EASY to knit. Anyone want a pair of warm, comfy/cozy, clogs??? Just send me your shoe size and possible color preferences :)
 Above and below: These clogs are felted clogs, meaning I had to agitate the heck out of them in the washer. The little bits of blue fluff are from cut-off jeans. They tell you to agitate the clogs with a pair of jeans to get more agitation...well I used a pair of cut-offs and that didn't work so well because they fluffed off and got "stuck" all over the clogs.
 The best way to fit them is to wear them wet for about 15-20 minutes while they are wet, then stuff them with plastic bags so they hold their shape while they dry.
 After about 2 whole days they were finally dry. Reeve says they are super duper comfy! I had to find out for myself...I tried on his clogs and guess what? They fit me perfectly! Reeve and I now wear the same size shoe (gasp!). THEY ARE super duper comfy. I can hardly wait to knit myself a pair. Right now I'm about done with the first of Kyle's clogs...then Stella...then Tommy...then ANYONE???WANT SOME???...then me :)
Quickly Reeve discovered how much fun they are to slide in...

Kyle had to join in the fun!



No comments: