Friday, April 29, 2011

Snow, then melt, then Snow and Legos

On April 16th it snowed...about 3" total. Kyle is saying "Oh no! Not again!" Stella is stomping out in her sandals...not silly enough to follow Kyle's barefoot lead.
Coming back in to the warm fire.
Thankfully the next day was sunny and the snow all melted.
Look at how tall Reeve is getting!
Papa and Stella. Tom will be so grateful (so he's said many times) when he doesn't have to wear so many layers and layers of clothes.
Later that day you can see the snow was all gone. Stella is playing hide and seek with One (on Saturday!) Year old Ayla.
Stella loves to hide!
So cute!
Then we got about 10" more snow on the 19th...of April!!
Reeve dove into his Lego bin...the only toy left in the house...and built the first floor to a house.
Did you think I was joking when I said 10"...past the middle of April...well I wasn't :)
Note the messy Lego garage...are we setting a poor example for Reeve? I hope he realizes not all garages have to be messy!
I should take a picture of our messy garage, but I'm too chicken. I like the mail on the table in the picture below.
Reading a nice big book...
By a roaring, cozy fire...
Sweet Stella...almost 2 years old...
in fact, she'll be 2 tomorrow! I can't hardly believe it!
Her latest LOVE is our daily mile walk...we're going a little farther down the next road now to look at the cows. It was really blustery cold the other day when we went and the neighbors were burning their trash (pee-ewww!), so we turned around and high tailed it outta there before seeing the cows. Stella was really upset because she had brought her bear (Mr. Maple) to look at the cows...it was all she talked about "Maple See Cow...Maple See Cow!" We had to tell her the cows were taking a nap. Later that evening, right around bedtime, Stella kept saying "Cow! Up! Cow! Up!"...we finally figured out she was trying to tell us the cows were up from their nap. She continued to say this the next day (yesterday), so we braved the windy sleet and rain to walk our mile to see the cows...with Mr. Maple...we did see the cows, and Stella was beside herself with excitement. I don't think I've ever seen anyone so excited to see a cow!

1 comment:

cfgyexy6464 said...

A very happy birthday to Stella!!! I didn't realize it was tomorrow. I hope it's OK if we stop over :)