Friday, June 03, 2011

Go Canucks!!

We made it safely over Snoqumie Pass Tuesday morning. there was a slight drizzle in Seattle as we were unloading the trailer and vehicles onto the Matson ship. We were too loaded down to consider walking 2 or 3 miles to catch a bus to get to downtown Seattle to ride the Quick Shuttle from Seattle to Vancouver, so we said "YES!" when the kind woman at Matson offered to call us a taxi.
When the Taxi arrived it JUST happened to be a bright orange Chevy Astronomer, just like our beloved Orange Crush! The driver was extremely nice (from Ethiopia), and he and Tom exchanged awesome Astronomer stories. The driver was clearly a fan. He dropped us off at the Quick Shuttle stop and it was only 10:50a.m. Our bus didn't depart until 4:05p.m.! I called Quick Shuttle and asked if we could take an earlier bus, and we got on the one that left at 11:05a.m. Not too shabby for timing,eh?
We had a lovely, relaxing ride up to Vancouver. Our driver was funny. It has been my experience that all Canadians are funny. I think it is because the beer here is stronger.
Well we arrived about 4 hours ahead of schedule, so I called my favorite cousin to come pick us up. We ended up all cramming into an efficient Toyota Prius (it seems all the taxis in Vancouver are Priuses) and traveled West to Horseshoe Bay.
BTW My Pa is letting me borrow his iPod to type this,and I'm getting tired of pecking the letters out.
Good tomes in Vancouver! Good place to be when the Canucks DEFEATED the Bruins! My folks arrived safely last night and my Auntie and Unc are coming this evening. Then Sunday more fun with lots more cousins! Can't believe we'll be in our new home next week! Does not seem real. If it doesn't work out in HI then my cuz said we could live with him for a sweet deal :). I love Vancouver! I could handle it! Now I can't see what I'm typing... Dangerous! Thanks Dad for letting me borrow this!

3 comments:

cfgyexy6464 said...

It sounds like your journey is going smoothly so far. Can't wait to see pics from your new place.

Tedd said...

Yay! You made it safely and are having fun in Canada. That's great news. Enjoy the rest of your time visiting with family...and we'll see you when you get to the Big Island. Aloha!

Anonymous said...

Dear Raye Bloggers,

PLEASE. POST. SOON.

We are having trouble getting by without any updates...

M&G