Saturday, October 08, 2011

Rainforest Zoo & Evening Candlelight

First some duck pictures. They are getting so big! These were taken last week and since then we have built them a larger enclosure and a secure housing shelter for nighttime. We have been bringing them into the house (in their purple bin) every night, but they're getting too big for that.
Below...from left to right clockwise...Mr. Drake, Meg, Jemima, Calvin, Roosevelt, & Alice.
Stella and I went to the zoo with a friend the other day...they ran ahead and were holding hands.
Petting some goats.
I didn't take many pictures...Stella is the one with the red skirt & yellow shirt :)
Living with limited electricity means that we use oil lamps and candles for light at night. Tom took some pictures of me reading to Stella (Stregga Nona by Tomie dePaola). I love the candlelight at night and wouldn't change it for electric lights...no way!



1 comment:

verdemama said...

sweet. I love Stella's haircut.