Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hapuna Beach Party

Yesterday was the beach birthday party, for the girl I made the bag for. It was a lot of fun at Hapuna Beach, and the girl DID appreciate the messenger bag, and book. Whew!
It takes just over 2 hours (driving Laura slow style) to get to Hapuna Beach from our house. 
 Why have we not been to this beach before now??? We will definitely be back!
(Below) Reeve is the 3rd kid in from the left and Kyle is the 4th...Reeve wore a red t-shirt.
Stella had fun in the "o-sh"...her way of saying ocean...kinda sounds like she's saying "oh shi*". I took her out and we battled small to medium waves. When a big one would come I just held her over my head as I went under.
Below...Reeve is 2nd in from the left and Kyle is 2nd in from the right.
 Below...Reeve catching a wave.
 I didn't catch any  on film, but I did see a couple of humpback whales breaching in the distance!!
 Reeve and Kyle had a great time boogey boarding, playing beach volleyball (for the 1st time!)

 ...and a couple of games of "chaos tag." All the kids on the beach were invited and included in the chaos tag...didn't matter if they didn't know you or you were 2yrs old...everyone played and from my vantage point looked to be having an awesome time.
 The last round of chaos tag was played in the ocean.
 A fun time was had by all. Bonus: We got to listen to Prairie Home Companion for the 2 hour drive back home...gotta love public radio. Double Bonus: We ate chips and salsa for dinner when we got home!

No comments: