Sunday, February 25, 2007

Blizzard at Our House

Well we got about a foot of snow yesterday and then about another foot last night in the BLIZZARD. We actually had a BLIZZARD here! I drove to work yesterday and took the county roads there. They were clear and it only took me 30min vs. 15min. Well after work I decided that the roads might be clear enough to go the shorter route. Why did I do that? The wind was blowing so much that it blew about 3 feet (NO KIDDING) of snow into one ridge portion of Lee Road. I got stuck! I had to get out and kick the snow out from in front of all my tires. It felt like an eternity, but it was really probably only 5-10 minutes. I finally made it out.

Our neighbor usually plows out our driveway, but there was so much snow that his little plow got stuck and he didn't get very far! Thank goodness I didn't have to drive to work this morning!


Before Reeve and Kyle even had breakfast this morning they were suited up and ready to go outside in the BLIZZARD.


Just look at the front of our house! It's burried!


And this is what happened when I opened the front garage door:


Tommy decided it was finally time to put the knobby tires on his bike. He actually plans on riding his bike to work tomorrow! You know it IS probably safer than riding his little Ford Festiva in to work!

Good luck honey!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if Tom was still riding... I am not sure that I would be... dangerous enough in a car. :-))
Lisa