Friday, April 01, 2011

Ice Cave Hike at the Kickapoo Valley Reserve ~ Reeve's Camera

Well I've taken a bit of a break from blogging. Going to try to be more regular with it again! These pictures were taken in the beginning of March by Reeve on an Ice Cave Hike in the Kickapoo Valley Reserve with our homeschool group.
Kyle by some icicles.

I think there were 4 ice caves that we visited. This was one of the first ones.


Nice and dry inside the cave!
Kyle with his friend Ben



Inside the cave looking at the wall of ice...it was thick!


I'm in the background with the salmon colored hat and Stella is in pick in my front carrier. (Click on the picture to see it larger, then click the back browser button to get back to this page)


A tree growing on top of the cave.

2 comments:

cfgyexy6464 said...

That was a fun (but challenging) hike. I especially like the photos from inside the cave looking out.

Laura said...

Yes, us mamas carrying babies did really, really, well under the conditions :) Well worth it though. I'm glad you guys could join us!