Tuesday, November 02, 2010

 Wow! It's hard to believe it's been over a month since I posted anything to the blog! I've been on a learning curve with trying to figure out the best way to save my pictures. I tried Flickr, but then I had to download all my pictures twice if I wanted to post something to the blog. I'm resigned to the fact that Picasa it is, and I've been trying to figure it out. I like the privacy settings of Flickr better, and hopefully my friends/family aren't bugged by getting emails about my Picasa photo uploads.

The above picture is from Orientation Day at Reeve's school. He just had 4 days off and really was reconsidering going back to the daily grind. It's been good for him, but we all miss each other by the end of the week.

Now for some photo catch-up:
We now have nice HOT solar heated INDOOR shower water, but it's always fun to remember those times, not too long ago, when we were roughing it...
Above Reeve taking an outdoor shower and below Tom having an outdoor shower in the moonlight.

 Stella reading a book in Kyle's bed...
 wait the blanket is not quite right!
 There, that's better...but, the book is upside down!
Tommy and Stella hanging out in the last warmth of summer.
Sitting by the hidden raised bed...full of weeds...if you look really hard you can see some Red Russian Kale!
FULL OF WEEDS!
Ahhhh....there is one of the raised beds weeded (I didn't have a "before" pic for this one).
Here is Stella standing on the raised bed that is now 3/4 weeded....this is the same one that was full of weeds above...
Our solar panels...We LOVE our solar panels!!
Last butterfly and Kyle pics...this one he found outside!

If you look closely you can see a deer in our backyard!
Yet another picture of Stella with a book! She loves to look at them.
Everyday since about June (well we've skipped a handful of days since then) we've been going on a mile walk right before supper.
Stella LOVES it, and it's been a really good routine for us all.
The boys can get their last bit of sillies out before we eat and then settle down for the day. Kyle is a ham.

Kyle lost his shoe!
Stella can make it about halfway before she gets a free ride on Tommy's back.

More posts in November! I promise :)

2 comments:

Racheal M said...

Laura, you should try SmugMug for your photos. It is a pretty neat site with all the variations you can make to it. It also allows you to post the pictures to the blog and uploads them from Flickr or Picasa so you only have to do it once. The privacy settings are great, you can password protect the entire site, or just certain albums! I just switched over recently and LOVE it!
Anyways, I should take the hint and update our blog too ...

Laura said...

Thanks Racheal :)
I just took a peek a SmugMug...I'll have to test out the 14 day trial, but I'm sooooo slooowwww. I need to check out your blog soon again. I loved all the pics you've been putting up on FB. Love, Laura :)