Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Stella and the Solar Panels

If you didn't know this about me, then you'll probably figure this out...I'm obsessed with our solar panels :)
(Above picture shows frost on the panels) Why? Because I love HOT water and I love being warm and now I seem to have both those things in plentiful supply. Yay! The last couple of mornings it's been 20F outside, but 71F inside...all from the solar radiant floors. Yesterday evening it was 49F outside and 77F inside...this morning its 45F outside and 73F inside...with no additional heat other than our solar hot water panels. We've never been this warm! Stella loves it too :) I know it's common for parents to gush about their kids, but honestly I've never met a cuter kid!
She's happiest in the morning when she wakes up (just like me!) and she loves to pick on Kyle. She doesn't torment Reeve like she lovingly does Kyle.
The lump in the bed is Kyle and it's about 8am on a sunny Sunday morning (October 3rd 2010) and Stella is ready for Kyle to get up!
We've nicknamed her "Godstella". She means business!
Ahhh, but wait, Tommy is calling her to come look at the solar panels.
"Here I come Papa!"
Above is her smile for the camera.
Kyle: "What time is it?" Stella: "It's time to get up bro...that's why I've been stomping on your head bed."

Here she comes, full of Stella Gusto!
Frost is melting on the solar panels...
The little panel on top is the solar electric panel that runs the DC pump that pumps the nice HOT water from the panels to the house and then back out to the panels to get re-heated in the SUN.
Frosty morning, and Stella still refuses to put pants on...or shoes. Tough kid.

Here she's realizing that it is COLD outside and her feet are cold and she's asking Tommy to pick her up.

No comments: